Monday, October 26, 2009

Hooker!!!!!

Breath taking beauty, so full of life, and talented.................CJ!!!!!!!

When me and CJ got together, i was all about doing what she was into, as she was into doing whatever i was into! This didn't work out so well because neither of us wanted to make any decisions, because neither wanted to choose something the other wouldn't enjoy doing as much, and it was all about what the other wanted. NOW, we haven't come out of what some people call the honeymoon stage we just have learned to compromise, and make decisions, well some decisions i should say, " What's for dinner " is still a question we cannot seem to come to an arrangment with, I don't care, she doesn't want to choose, we give options, we don't care, we just need to eat, and we give up and go to taco bell! OK thats the general standard of what happens.

Anyways what i was getting at, CJ makes afghans, she crochette's a very large part of the time, and as interesting as it is, it can only hold my attention so long before i start kissing her, and cuddling her, and not keeping my hands to myself, and that just gets me into trouble when she has an afghan to get done, for a deadline. I continued to be a bother for quite some time, until i told her i wanted to learn, i wanted to be a HOOKER!

So we sat down one night and she started showing me how to do a triple stitch, woah i was lost, i had not a clue, singles, doubles, links, chains, there was so much to learn, so much to do, so many weird positions to put my hands into. So she decided to show me a simpler stitch, the single stitch. I proceeded to catch on pretty quickly, and started going at a decent pace, i then proceed to without anymore instruction to do a double stitch and a triple stitch, and when i showed my pretty lady she was so proud and amazed, i got butterflys!!!!!!!!!!!

So after getting the hang of all of this, i decided i was going to make an afghan.

NINE SKEENS OF YARN, NEARLY THREE MONTHS INTO IT, AND I ONLY HAVE ONE MORE SECTION (which is one skeen of yarn) A BORDER, AND TYING IN ENDS AND I AM DONE!!!

Way larger then i planned, more yarn then thought would be used, more time, patients, effort, and love has gone into this afghan, then i ever imagined would.

I am so proud of myself thus far, and i feel very accomplished. When i completely finish this afghan i will post a picture.

It's beautiful, it's unique, it's my creation, I just hope that the person recieving this afghan truely understands what this afghan represents!

A-RAE

2 comments:

mividarainbow said...

this makes me smile :)

Dragon said...

Nice, props to you. Not sure I could have the patience for that.

Post a Comment