Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Challenges

I would like to say that i understand everything, BUT then i would be lying, and i am not a liar, nor do i like liars though i don't believe many people do. Anyways the reason i make this statement, is because i didn't realize until recently how just asking questions can deture an entire fight or argument. Instead of blowing up and getting mad, and just opening up to the fact that there is an explanation, and a very good explanation at that.

This has challenged me greatly, in my past and quite recently too, but instead of blowing my lid i calmed down and decided to ask questions. Now the person being questioned doesn't always feel the same they may jump into the defensive aspect about things because they feel it's a process of doubting them. Which may not be your intention but it happens. I realized you just have to stay calm listen and try to understand.

I may not understand everything, or even very much but the first step for me was to try to understand instead of getting angry or fighting about the things i don't or didn't understand.

This is just going to be short and sweet, a thought for the day.

A-RAE

1 comments:

CJ said...

Ha ha, me? Defensive? No way! I'm sorry I didn't make that conversation easier for you. One day I won't take everything as an attack...but it's a process. Thank you for caring enough to ask and find out...it's been a challenge for me too, but I love or talks. I love how we work things out. I love our conversations...I just love you.

Post a Comment